There’s a refrigerator in every single home out there. At least we hope there is. It’s also one of the most common causes for concern, after a while a refrigerator, no matter how good/pricey it is, stops working properly and people are forced to troubleshoot. Contrary to the popular belief, you can locate the right spot by identifying the symptom. Down below you will see some bullet points that will be helpful in case you encounter some trouble with your refrigerator.
- In case your refrigerator is not cooling properly you should check its evaporator coils and condenser coils. They’re located on the rear of the box (make sure nothing is blocking it, by the way) – check how hot they are, how much heat they generate.
- If you encounter some icemaker/ice generator/ice machine malfunction, check the thermistor (temperature-depended resistor), it is the crucial part of your refrigerator and we have a whole another article on this issue.
- If the freezer is not freezing, you should check the thermostat. Make sure it works properly. If that doesn’t help, try other key parts related to the fridge, namely: defrost timer, defrost heater, and evaporator fan motor.
- If your refrigerator/fridge is way too noisy, try to identify the precise location of the noise. Most common places: evaporator fan motor and condenser fan motor.
- Leakage is caused by a malfunctioning water inlet valve in 93% of the cases.
These were the most common broken refrigerator symptoms. Also worth noting: you should always check your refrigerator’s manual before doing anything.
We can help you with refrigerator’s problems — go to our page «repair refrigerator«!